Thank you for your interest in organizing your Joomla! Event. All event submissions on this site are subject to moderation by the Joomla Events Team.
First step, if you are new to this site, is to register an account, register here.
Minimum Requirements for Event Submissions:
We are trying to make it as simple as possible to organize an event, so the requirements are low level. If you follow our suggestions then the process is easy.
Submit Your Event In English Language
- Please submit your event title and description in the English language.
- Your event descriptions may include an alternate language description, but please make sure that your English version is listed in the description first.
- Additional language translation support of the Joomla Event Website is being worked on.
Joomla! Day Event Submission Guidelines
The following are the mandatory things you will need to have in place in order to have your JoomlaDay event approved.
- You need a website for your event.
- You need a confirmed event date.
- You need a confirmed venue.
- Your website must include the following disclaimer in minimum 8 point, clear contrasting colors to your site:
"JoomlaDay™ events are officially recognized, but not organized, by the Joomla!® Project and Open Source Matters, Inc. Each event is managed independently by a local community. The Joomla! name and logo is used under a limited license granted by Open Source Matters, the trademark holder in the United States and other countries."
- On your event web site please be sure to place the "!" and the superscript ® after the first instance of the use of the word Joomla on the page, Joomla!® (this applies to you also if you use the word Joomla in your site title, header image, or as part of your slogan, etc.)
- Make sure you are using the official JoomlaDay Logo, get it here: http://events.joomla.org/how-to-organize-a-joomla-day#Logo_usage
- Event must be submitted before atleast 45 days.
Submit a Joomla! User Group Meeting Event
- Registered Joomla User Groups are allowed to submit their meetings to the calendar.
- You need a date
- You need a location
- Virtual meetings will not be approved. You must have in-person meetups.
Image Uploads and Sizing
- We recommend that you size your event images to 250px width and 350px height for the best presentation.
- All event images will be automatically resized to the dimentions above.
Event Naming Convention:
Registered events will all have names with this structure: Joomla Y X.
Y is the type of event, valid types are:
- User Group Meeting
X is an appropriate city or country describing the event's geographic location, for example:
- Frankfurt, Germany
- Chicago USA
- London UK
You should make sure that for someone who reads the name it is clear where the Joomla Event is. So "JoomlaDay™ West", "JoomlaDay™ South" or "Joomla User Group Meeting Germany" doesn't make so much sense. Good examples are:
- JoomlaDay™ Paris, France
- JoomlaDay™ Chicago USA
- JoomlaNight™ Chile
- Joomla! User Group Meeting Hamburg, Germany
The Joomla! Events Team have a direct interest in maintaining the integrity of the Joomla brand. As such, we are here to help events organizers to follow the rules of the Joomla trademark, logo, brand, etc. properly. If you are not sure if a usage is allowed by the rules, then please contact us.
As always, there is an easy, and a complicated way when you want to register an event.
Register a Joomla User Group Meeting
As long as you are a registered Joomla User Group then there is nothing special you need to do.
Register a Joomla Night
At the moment we are approving these events manually, on a case-by-case basis, please Contact Us if you have any questions.